Microsoft Dynamics SL Specific Integration Settings
As a first step select your Dynamics SL data entity for integration /
synchronization in Quick Query. You can add filters and other customizations
Fig.: Microsoft Dynamics data
entities in Quick Query.
To connect and sync a Microsoft Dynamics SL data entity with other data
sources, next connect to Microsoft Excel - just to get the connection string and
the data query (you will not need Excel later on).
Fig.: Copy / paste the connection
string and query directly from Excel to Layer2
In the Layer2 Cloud Connector Connection Manager:
- Select the OLEDB Data Provider
- Paste the connection string from Excel to the Connection Manager
- Paste the data query from Excel to the Connection Manager
- Provide a primary key (one or more columns that are unique together)
- Verify the connection
- Take a look at the data preview
- Map your data query fields to specific external fields in the Layer2 Cloud
Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are
- Data synchronization can be started manually in the Connection Manager, per
command line or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Cloud Connector Windows
Service. Only data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).