Microsoft Visual FoxPro and dBase (DBF) Specific Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Business Data List Connector the data source must be configured
as follows to connect a given SharePoint list to FoxPro or dBase.
Figure 1: Sample connection
configuration to connect to FoxPro or dBase via Layer2
Please note the following about settings, features and possible issues.
- Please select the generic OLEDB Data
Provider (should be already installed). Please install the FoxPro dBase driver
- The data source points to the directory that contains the FoxPro files (not
to any specific file). Please note that often one file is not enough. FoxPro
needs the database file, the datatable file and additional index files to be in
the directory. You can add a password if required. Verify the connection string.
In case you got "Installable ISAMs not found" please verify installation and
- The data source path can be both, local (e.g. C:\databases\mydb.dbf) or on
file share (e.g. \\myShare\datatables\). In both cases please make sure that the
database can be accessed from current user context. The user context is the
currently logged in user or the service account (in case of scheduled background
updates). In many cases a local account is used for the Windows Service with no
access to file shares. You can change, if required.
- You will find more information about connection strings here.
- Enter the data query, e.g. select * from myTable. MyTable is the file name.
You should remove unwanted fields later on. You can make use of all SQL queries
that FoxPro OLE driver understands.
- In case of a bi-directional connection make sure that your query is
updatable and you have appropiate access rights. Verify the data query and
display preview data (via the actions menu) to take a look to fields and
- Find a unique column to use as primary key (productid in this sample).
- Bi-directional sync is generally supported.
Do you have any issues to connect?
Please contact email@example.com for next steps.