Microsoft CRM Online Specific Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Business Data List Connector the data source must be configured
as follows to connect to Microsoft CRM Online.
Figure 1: Sample connection
configuration to connect to Microsoft CRM Online via Layer2
Please note the following about settings, features and possible issues
- Select the Layer2 OData Data
Provider to connect. The provider is part of the Layer2 ADO.NET provider package
and should be already be installed. You will find an OData Provider specification here.
- Several different authentication methods,
including specific methods for the CRM, are generally supported. See provider
specification linked above for more.
- You can make use of OData to query your data as supported by the data
provider and source system. For more information about supported queries, see Microsoft Dynamics CRM OData specification.
- For best performance on the OData service call, only select the necessary
fields in the select statement.
- You can map your data fields to specific SharePoint fields in the Layer2
Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type
conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values),
depending on query (see data preview for this).
- You can use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps.