Microsoft Exchange Specific Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Business Data List Connector settings page the data source must
be configured as follows to connect to Microsoft Exchange Server or Exchange
Online / Outlook data like contacts, calendar data, tasks, emails and notes.
Figure 1: Sample connection
configuration to connect to MS Exchange via Layer2 Data Provider for
Please note the following about settings, features and possible issues
- You can connect to both, Exchange
on-premises or Exchange Online.
- Select the Layer2 Data Provider for Exchange to connect. The provider is
part of the Layer2 Cloud Connector ADO.NET provider package and should be
already installed with BDLC. You will find a specification of the Layer2 Data Provider for Exchange here.
- You can use a connection string like this to
Password=myPassword; NamingScheme=myNamingScheme. Please see provider
documentation for more.
- If you have appropriate access rights, you can also connect to
mailboxes of other users or site mailboxes. Please make use of
the parameter email, e.g. email=SMO-MySiteName@tenant.onmicrosoft.com for a site
mailbox bound to a site mySiteName.
- If you are using impersonation to access different mailboxes, you will neeed
to add the following to the connection string: Impersonation=true;
- Several different authentication methods are generally supported. See
provider specification linked above for more.
- You can make use of specific data queries to select your data as supported
by the data provider and source system. For any specification of supported
queries see the provider documentation.
- You can map your data fields to specific external fields in the Layer2
Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type
conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values),
depending on query (see data preview for this).
- You can use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization. In
case of inserts (full CRUD) via external systems please take care of the primary
key. Exchange-side IDs will not work in this case.
- No installation or changes are required at the Exchange Server data source
or data destination.
- Data synchronization can be started manually on demand in SharePoint, via
API or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Only
data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact email@example.com for next steps.