Mimer SQL Specific SharePoint Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Business Data List Connector the data source must be configured
as follows to connect:
Figure 1: Sample connection
configuration to connect to Mimer SQL via Layer2
Please note the following specific settings.
- Select the .NET Framework Data
Provider for Mimer SQL that‘s not part of the Layer2 Business Data List
Connector, which should be installed separately from the Mimer SQL download site
SQL download site.
- If you can't find the data provider in the dropdown list, it is not
installed, or the architecture (32/64-bit) does not fit to SharePoint (64-bit
- You can use a connection string like this to
- You can make use of SQL like queries like "SELECT * FROM myschema.mytable"
to query your data as supported by the data provider and source system. For any
specification of query language supported see Mimer SQL documentation.
- You can map your data fields to specific external source fields in the
Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple
type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values),
depending on query (see data preview for this).
- No installation or changes are required at the data source or data
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.