Figure 1: Sample connection configuration to connect to SAP C4C Hybris via Layer2 Data Provider for OData
Please note the following about settings, features and possible issues:
- Select the Layer2 Data Provider for OData to connect. The provider is part of the Layer2 Cloud Connector ADO.NET provider package and should be already installed with BDLC. You will find a OData Provider specification here.
- You can use a connection string like this to connect:
URL=/sap/byd/odata/v1/c4codata/;User=username; Authentication=Windows; Password=YourPassword;
- Several different authentication methods are generally supported. See provider specification linked above for more.
- You can map your data fields to specific external fields in the Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values), depending on query (see data preview for this).
- No installation or changes are required at the SAP C4C data source.
- Data synchronization can be started manually in SharePoint or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Only data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync. No touch of the SAP system.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact email@example.com for next steps.
SAP Connection Details
Layer2 Data Provider for OData
Connection string sample:
Url=https://sapes1.sapdevcenter.com/sap/opu/odata/IWFND/ URL=/sap/byd/odata/v1/c4codata/;User=username; Authentication=Windows; Password=YourPassword:
Select Statement sample:
SELECT * FROM AccountCollection
SAP C4C Hybris Data Integration Known Issues
- Depending on requirements there are some steps on the SAP-side to connect to specific data entities. Please find an intro here.
- You can use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization. In case of inserts (full CRUD) via external systems please take care of the primary key.
- Step-by-step guide to build a custom OData Service based on SAP RFCs: