SQL Anywhere Specific SharePoint List Configuration Settings
In the SharePoint List Settings, the data source must be configured as follows
to connect to SQL Anywhere:
Fig. Example connection
configuration to connect to SQL Anywhere via the .Net Framework Data
Please note the following about settings, features and possible issues.
- You need to have the SAP SQL
Anywhere Database Client for your version of SQL Anywhere on the computer that
runs the Layer2 Cloud Connector. You can find the component on the SAP
SQL Anywhere Database Client Download page.
- Install the appropriate bit version of the Client. It must match the same
bit architecture as the Cloud Connector version installed (32- or 64-bit).
- Please select the "SQL Anywhere <version> Data Provider" from the list
of installed providers.
- You can make use of standard connection strings for SQL Anywhere, for
DBN=MyDB; UID=myUser; PWD=myPassword;
To find more information
about Connection strings, see the SAP SQL Anywhere documentation for
the appropriate version of the Client.
- Note that you may need to start the database or database server to
- Note that you can use integrated authentication for better security. See the
SQL Anywhere User Documentation.
- You can make use of all SQL queries your data provider supports.
- You can make use of aliases in query to force auto-mapping in the Cloud
Connector. See the SQL Anywhere User Documentation.
- The primary key is normally set automatically, if available.
- Bi-directional sync is generally supported. You query must be updatable for
this (note that most joins are not). You will also need write access rights for
- ODBC versions of the SQL Anywhere provider should also work with the Cloud
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact email@example.com for next