Licensing Layer2 Business Data List Connector
The Layer2 Business Data List Connector is licensed on a per
SharePoint server base. That means:
- A license is required for every SharePoint server.
- There are no additional user CALs required.
- All web frontend server (WFE) have to be licensed.
- No license is required for SharePoint infrastructure servers, e.g. for
index, SQL or search server.
- Application servers (APP) have to be licensed in case of SharePoint timer
jobs are used, e.g. for using BDLC background update.
- The CA server (if any) has to be licensed in many cases, because it's a WFE
by default (it renders the CA). In some cases timer jobs are also executed there
(depending on configuration).
- There are discounts for purchasing multiple licenses at once. Please contact
email@example.com for a detailed specific
quote, if required.
- The license price is a one-time fee. You can use the purchased version of the software as long as you want. For updates and upgrades, Software Assurance is required.
- For development you can generally use the free Shareware version, but note
the Shareware limitations of 25 items per list.
- Development, QA or other non-production server licenses are discounted with
50%. Please note, that non-production licenses are sold as an add-on to
production licenses only.
- You can optionally order additional packages for Software Assurance (annual fee,
approx. 20% of license costs) and support (per hour). Please check the web shop
- We are offering a 15% discount for non-profit organizations.
- Discounts are granted for packages of licenses (>5 items). Please ask firstname.lastname@example.org for purchase offerings.
- As a reseller, please note partner program with free NFR
versions, up to 30% discount on licenses etc.
If you have ordered the licenses and the payment process is successfully
finished, you will receive a product key. About activating your product using
this license key, please see General FAQs: "How to activate a Layer2 product?"