OData Integration And Synchronization Specific Settings
To connect to OData demo data as provided by OData.org the data source
entity must be configured as follows in the Layer2 Cloud Connector
Please note the following specific settings:
- Select the OData Data Provider to connect. The provider is part of the Layer2 Cloud Connector ADO.NET provider package and should be already installed. You will find a OData Provider specification here.
- You can use a connection string like this to connect:
url=http://mydomain.com/mydatasource/mydatasource.svc; Collection=myCollection; User =myUser; Password=myPassword; Authentication=myAuthentication.
- Several different authentication methods are generally supported. See provider specification linked above for more.
- You can make use of OData to query your data as supported by the data provider and source system. For any specification of supported queries see provider specification linked above.
- You can map your data fields to specific external fields in the Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values), depending on query (see data preview for this).
- You can use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization. In case of inserts (full CRUD) via external systems please take care of the primary key. OData-side IDs will not work in his case.
- No installation or changes are required at the OData data source or data destination.
- Data synchronization can be started manually in the Connection Manager, per command line or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Cloud Connector Windows Service. Only data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.