Exchange contacts finally synced with SharePoint contacts
You can now run the manual synchronisation via the Layer2 Cloud Connector. it
could take a while depending on amount of data and configuration. Please modify
your settings to solve any issues. If you don't have issues, please sync again.
No items should be synced if tere are no changes on both sides.
Fig.: Contact properties in
Microsoft Exchange / Outlook.
Fig.: Contact properties in a
SharePoint contact list.
If all works as expected, you
enable scheduling for your sync depending on requirements, e.g. every hour or
day. Please also note the following features:
- Changed items are synced only (no bulk import)
- You can enable change notifications or workflows on the SharePoint side to
notify your users.
- Columns that are not mapped are left untouched. E.g. you add additional
fields to remain "SharePoint only".
- You can sync subsets only using views on the SharePoint side or Exchange queries on the other side.
- You have all options of a native SharePoint contact list, e.g. mobile and
offline display, sync to any devices, connect to Outlook etc.
- Exchange to SharePoint is just an example: You could also sync Exchange
contacts with SQL databases, systems like ERP/CRM, (e.g. SAP, Microsoft CRM or
NAV via OData), XML, Excel / CSV, Access, web services etc. Your users are
working with the SharePoint contacts in this case - no connectivity or license
is required for the external system (e.g. SAP). Why not syncing your CRM
contacts to both, Exchange and SharePoint?
- Contacts is an example only. You can also sync calendar data, tasks, notes
- You don't need any coding or changes on both data entities.
- You don't have to open your network. The Cloud Connector service runs as a
"man in the middle" inside your network on a Windows client ot server (must not
be SharePoint or Exchange server) and manages any changes.
- You can sync uni-directional or bi-directional, if required. More sync
options are available (e.g. no delete, no insert etc.)
- The Layer2 Exchange Provider is also available for the Layer2 Business Data List Connector (for
You can download and evaluate the Layer2 Cloud Connector today and use as free shareware. For
full features you can license the tool online on the product page. If you have
questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly.